November 30, 2009

James 4:14


Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. -James 4:14


How short and precious life really is.

Yesterday I saw an email that made reference to a small plane crash just outside of Tampa. Within the article I saw a name that I knew, and my heart sank.

Dave Berman was my juggling instructor in Clown College, as well as a friend for many more years following my circus days. He was a full-time performer for many years, and then decided to settle into Sarasota, Florida, as a UPS driver. Some years back he took up flying, and purchased a small plane, flying it successfully many times.

Witnesses said they heard sputtering as the plane was taking off yesterday, and the plane then nosedived to the ground, flipping onto its top. When rescuers arrived on the scene, both people in the plane were pronounced dead. Dave was only a couple of years older than me.
-------------

Life is short.

Eternity is forever. I rest, knowing that my friend, Dave, knew Christ personally, and is sitting with him this day. In peace.

Please pray for Dave's wife, Nancy, as well the rest of his family at this time. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

Thanks for sharing with me,

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment