October 20, 2009

DonB! back on the road with "Sens de Vie" Show


I flew to Nashville last week, and arrived with 2 of my 3 suitcases. The other 2 arrived later that night and were delivered to us where we were rehearsing.

This tour is lead by illusionist Harris III. The music on the tour this time is Everlife, 3 sisters (Sarah, Julia, Amber) originally from Pennsylvania, now living in Nashville. Some of you may know them from a tour they did with the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus. They are really very talented, and their music can be found on iTunes and YouTube. Here they are doing sound check at rehearsals:


We were looking forward to taking out a new illusion, one we refer to as "Chateau", a play on the word "shadow". Now that we've performed it twice onstage, I really like it. I get to perform some basic hand shadows before the shadows begin transforming into Harris, the magician.

After 2 days of rehearsal and illusion building, the RV rig was loaded, and we headed out on the road.

On Sunday we drove to Moss Point, Mississippi, and loaded into a beautiful theatre there.



We did two shows, both of them completely sold out.

The next day, Katie Harris' dog, Tucker, was having problems with his eye. A quick stop at the vet resulted in eye medicine that turned his eye green, making him look like an evil one-green-eyed dog:


The only injury of the tour was during the 2nd show, when I made the mistake of trying to re-spin one of my spinning plates, but not noticing that it had a sharp chip on one side. I slit the tip of my right hand middle finger, so I finished the routine with my hand in a fist. I ran off stage and ran it under water, and then realized how deep it really was. I did not have it checked for stitches, but probably should have. Oh well.



On the way home we made a quick stop at Arby's and I took a group photo:


Me, Harris, Katie, Adam (lights), Beth (road manager) and Dave (sound tech)

Now we have 2 days off back here in Nashville, then a day of rehearsal, and back on the road again. Be sure to take a look at my website to see if/when I will be in your area of the country.

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment