May 11, 2009

Music Boat 2009 - Thursday


Thursday turned out to be our busiest day on the cruise this year.

At 9:30 AM, Bruce and I headed over to the two dining areas where the autograph sessions were to take place.  There were people in line already, so we got right to work performing for all of the families waiting in the lines.  I performed until 11AM, and then headed to the Atrium Stage for my sound check.  After completing that, Bruce & I brought all of my equipment over from the main Premier Theatre that I performed in the night before.

Entertaining for the autograph lines


"Take a card..."

We grabbed a bite to eat (there were 8 places to eat on this ship!), and at 1 PM I did my own show on the Centrum Stage.  It is an interesting set-up, in that I was completely surrounded by people, including 2 glass elevators behind me.  It was funny watching Larry the Cucumber, from Veggie Tales, squeeze out of the glass elevator just prior to my show.

The Centrum stage, with glass elevators in the background.

Starting my show


My favorite, the Egg Bag.

The show went great, and I had many people talk with me afterward about my ministry work around the country, and how they could get me to their own churches and radio stations.

Immediately after the show, there was another autograph session to do close-up magic for, and while that happened Altered and Matthew West did their afternoon concert (I sadly had to miss it).

That night we listened to speaker, David Nasser, and then the music of MercyMe.  What a great night it was, and over $60,000 was donated by the ship guests to help pay for orphanages in Haiti.

The last thing of the night, usically speaking, was the farewell concert in the Atrium.  My personal favorite was The Katinas, with their Samoan/Latin/dance sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment