March 26, 2008

Latest News from Minnesota

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Those famous words, spoken by Judy Garland, in the Wizard of Oz, are so true. I have had the great opportunity to travel allover the United States in the last 3 months, but no matter where I go, or how amazing and scenic (and warm) those places are, it is always nice to get home, sleep in my own bed, kid my kids goodnight, and eat cereal in my pajamas. There really is no place like home.


My good friend, Greg Phillips, from Melbourne, Florida, made the trek up to Minnesota for a 4-day Kid's Crusade at Willmar Assembly, and then did a great lecture for the MN chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Entertainers. It was good to see him again, this time in Minnesota.


On March 19th I did a program at Bethel Church in Owatonna, Minnesota as a community outreach event. The comment cards indicated that as many as 13 people gave their hearts and lives to Christ that night during the message invitation. God still works his wonders every day.

My Easter program that was scheduled was cancelled at the last minute, so this actually turns out to be the first Easter that I spent at home in over 7 years! It was a busy weekend too. On Friday, our son, Dale, celebrated his 12th birthday by having 7 other boys sleep overnight through to Saturday. The boys headed home around noon, just in time for the relatives to arrive and celebrate Easter, and the birthdays. You see, on Sunday, was our daughter, Deanna's 15th birthday. So, we celebrated that too. Easter, plus our 2 kid's birthdays, equals some of the best reasons to celebrate.

This weekend I am heading to Albuquerque, New Mexico, for a Men's Outreach Breakfast at Sandia Presbyterian Church. Pastor Mike Molony invited me to be the entertainment/speaker at this 1st Annual Event for their church. And, because of the airline's goofy pricing policy, I get to/have to stay in the warmth of Albuquerque an extra day. I'm hoping to ride the Sandia Peak Tramway to the top of the 10,378 foot Sandia Peak while I'm there too.

Finally, I ask that you pray for me during the month of April. As busy as the first part of the year has been, April drops off to almost nothing in regards to shows. Income will be a little tighter, and with the production of the DVDs, pray that we use our finances correctly, and in a way that is God-honoring. Or, simply pray that a flood of shows comes flowing in for April. Or, pray for both. Either way, I thank you for your encouragement in this ministry work. I wouldn't trade it for any "job" in the world.



Happy late Easter to you all,

DonB!

1 comment: