May 4, 2010

How thin can I stretch myself?

After being teased for many years about how thin I was, I am finally holding a healthier weight.  But now, the thinness comes in the form of involvement.  I ask myself, how thin can I stretch myself?

Just last week I was nominated to my church's board of stewards last week, and our first meeting is next Thursday.  My official title is Worship Ministry Team Representative, overseeing many of the aspects involved with the actual services at church.

I know it will be a challenging year ahead, but with God's grace and His strength, I know that it has the potential of being a great year ahead for all of Emmanuel Baptist Church.

Please pray, that as my church goes into the new fiscal year, that we can all unite together, for growth and ministry.  It can be difficult when there are so many different personalities, but it IS possible to work together for the greater cause of ministry within our community.

I look forward to serving my church, and I hope I can be a part of the future growth of the Christian community within Mora.

I will also be spending 7 weeks in Maryland this summer, performing and speaking at Sandy Cove Ministries in North East, Maryland.  Debbie & Dale will be there with me for the entire 7 weeks, and Deanna will join us for one of those weeks (she will be a nanny in Mora the rest of the time).  I will be performing throughout the weeks, as well as leading the morning family devotions each day.  Debbie will be running the craft building, and Dale will have the high position of "camp gopher", filling in wherever he is needed each day.

While in Maryland, we will have most weekends off, so we intend to take a day trip to Washington D.C., as well as one to New York City if our schedule allows it.

Right after Maryland, I will head down to Georgia for 1 week of performing and teaching at the TNT Clown Conference in Toccoa, Georgia.

I'll get back to Mora, MN, in time to spend 3 weeks cleaning the house, before school starts up again.

As busy as it seems, there is no other life I would choose.  I love it.  My family loves it.

God is good, all the time.

DonB!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Don...you are such a busy guy, but thank you for stretching yourself a little more and stepping up to the plate to be a voice on our church Bd!!! I am praying for you...thanks again!
    Blessings, Paulette

    ReplyDelete