May 26, 2011

Jolly Green Giant on Vacation

The last cukes being given out
Well, today was a bittersweet day.  Good and (sort of) bad.

During the school year, on Thursdays I have been dressing as the Jolly Green Giant and participating in snack time at the elementary school here in Mora.

I challenged them with broccoli, carrots, celery, jicama, cucumbers, fresh green beans, snap peas, and mixes of many different vegetables.  Some kids tried the samples easily, and others were hesitant, if they tried them at all.

Well today was my last day for this school year, and the kids took my advice and ate up all of the cucumbers. This Jolly Green Giant disguise really works.

5 lb Basket
Being my last day, I received many hugs and goodbyes from kids.  Some even asked if I would be going to the other school with them as they move up next year. And from Mrs. Norby I received a giant fruit-Veggie basket as a thanks for volunteering.  It was a wonderful way to end the year at the elementary school.

Who knows, maybe Jolly will be back, or maybe I'll figure out some other character to play next year.

DonB!

No comments:

Post a Comment