January 16, 2008

2008 is coming on strong!

I sit here and write this on January 16th, while I medicate my way through my first bout with the flu in years.

I've already done 5 shows here in Minnesota, with 3 more and a cruise to Mexico still to come this month.

Working with our Wednesday night Kid's Club has been great also. I play Jessie Crankshaft, the guy that runs J.C. Salvage. The theme is all about how God doesn't see us as junk, but rather as people that can be "salvaged", made new and usable once again. Jessie is slowly falling in love with Melba Toast, a bag-lady character that Debbie plays. Tonight, if I can keep my head cleared long enough, I am playing "Red", one of Jessie's brothers, along with two other guys playing "Green" and "Blue".

Right before Christmas we finished up the 10 Commandments series, and tonight we start down the Romans Road to salvation. Please pray that the impact on these kids can be as good as the last series was. I work with some of the best adult workers in our church, and it is great to hear them having one-on-one time with the kids, explaining all the various aspects of Christ, God, salvation, etc.

I have to get a short nap before tonight, so I'll write again soon.

Happy new year to you all.

DonB!

No comments:

Post a Comment