December 9, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Are you as cold as I am?

I am writing this from the Fort Wayne, Indiana airport. My flight this morning back to Minneapolis has been cancelled due to the freezing rain that has been falling here for the last 3 hours. I have been rescheduled onto a later flight today, and I am hoping it actually happens.

Last night I had the privilege of performing at Fellowship Missionary Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I was invited by Bill Hickle to be the entertainment/speaker at their volunteer group leader's appreciation dinner.

I performed in a beautiful, multi-purpose room. A better name would be "theatre", or sanctuary/gymnasium. The stage was huge, the sound was top-notch and the lighting had about a billion options. It was state of the art.

I did about a 50-minute show, including my testimony. I was given a few names of folks to incorporate into the show, and every one of them did a fantastic job! I really enjoy getting the folks onstage, because it really makes the show what it is, and folks like to see people onstage, as long as "I don't have to be the one he picks". As for message, I didn't share anything "deep", simply because I'd be "preaching to the choir". Instead, my goal was to help each of them have a good time, and maybe even be inspired by the amazing ways that God can use each one of us to reach the unsaved, whether it is with juggling, as an accountant, a small group leader or a full time parent. God's purpose runs through every facet of life, no matter how big or small we might consider it

I also want to thank Tom and his wife for opening up their home at the last minute for me to stay in, as the time constraints on getting to the airport would have been tough if I would have stayed with my friend, Pastor Barry Jorris. Barry, I'll catch you next time you are in Mora. It was also great to talk with Tom about how proud he is of his son, willingly serving in the armed forces. Tom's a proud Dad, as all parents of military personal should be. Thanks to the freedoms that they've fought for over the years, I am able to freely write my thoughts here on the internet. Thanks to all military folk.

I also was able to attend the 8:15 service at Fellowship church, and I am amazed on many levels. The church is very active in their community, including the pastor (25 years in this church) whose focus is serving his commmunity through the resources that Fellowship has. I great service, with a great message, in a great group of believers.

Well folks, it's about time for me to head over to my gate. The rain is still falling, but I'm still hopin' and prayin' that we eventually get out of here. It's a nice place, but I don't want to "live" here...

I'll try and write again soon, but for now, let me wish you all a very Merry CHRISTmas. God has really blessed my family this year, and I pray that all of you will find the peace and opportunities that only God can offer us.

Thankful every day,

DonB!

No comments:

Post a Comment