December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas to you all

As our family is in the middle of a 4-location process of celebrating Christmas with family and friends, I've found a few moments to stop and say a few words here.

First, I want to wish you all a merry Christmas. Each one of us has our own circumstances, and Christmas can be a time of anxiety for many, but no matter how you choose to spend Christmas this year, I pray many blessings for each one of you.

Second, I would like to thank each one of you that takes the time to read this newsletter, and laugh at the funny postings, ponder the thoughtful ones, and simply praise God for the many opportunities He has placed me into during 2007. Many new doors have been opened for me. Many new performing experiences have happened, in many cool places I have never been. I sincerely believe that many of these opportunities are because I have friends around the world like all of you praying for these times of ministry and entertainment.

And last, as we enter into this new year, I have no idea what will come our way, either good or bad. But I hope that each of you can experience, at least in part, the joy that I feel in my own life right now. I have a beautiful wife, two kids whom I love with all my heart, a roof over my head, a dependable vehicle, a home church that we are plugged into regularly, a "job" that I wouldn't trade for the world, and a Savior that was born 2000 years ago. I honestly wonder how other people live a life, with deep meaning and purpose, without knowing the God that created them. I don't understand it, but will try and spend the rest of my life introducing them to Him.

Jesus was born in a stable, and He is "The Reason" our family celebrates Christmas. Gifts, lights, trees; they're all the peripheral parts of the celebration. The focus, for me, is Christ.

It sounds so cliche when it is spoken, but when you think about it, it has real meaning:

Have a merry Christmas,
and a happy new year.
DonB!

1 comment: