January 9, 2011

Camp Lebanon has DonB! for the 50th Time!

I remember a time, back in 1989, when my wife, Debbie, and I decided that we were going to start utilizing our entertainment programs as outreach tools for churches and Christian organizations.  We made some phone calls, and ran straight ahead...

Well here we are 22 years later, and we've been all over the world. We've now performed in almost all of the United States, plus Canada, India, Ukraine, Amsterdam, England, Mexico and Germany.  I've also performed in the Bahamas 3 times, as well as "out on the sea" on 6 cruise ships (I've got 2 more cruise trips in 2011).

All of this to say that in 1989, we prayed that the right people would see our programs and find the value it could bring to their church or organization. Back then we were known as "Circus Unique".


"Bobber" Bill Abeler, from Camp Lebanon, in Upsala, Minnesota, called and invited us to come up for a family camp that year.  I have now performed at Camp Lebanon every year since then (with a 1 year exception), and last night I presented my 50th show there for the MEGA-Overnight Event.  

Camp Lebanon has grown so much, as well as DonB! Ministries, and Bill still calls us "Circus Unique", a name that I still love to hear.

Next Friday I will go back to Camp Lebanon and present show #51, and Bobber Bill will still laugh at my jokes and  he'll still guffaw when Homer appears. There is no better sound than laughter.

Thanks Bill, and Camp Lebanon, for so many years of ministry. God is good, all the time.

DonB!

No comments:

Post a Comment